Welcome!!!

My name is Dane Martin. I am a senior majoring in business management and minoring in international business at Western New England College. This blog gives my perspective on our group's shared experiences on our amazing journey to China. I hope you enjoy these posts as I continue to share my thoughts and feelings after the trip, and continue to post additional photos. Keep in mind that the newest posts appear first, and that you can use the menu to the left for easy navigation of the blog. Be sure to check for updates, and feel free to comment in response to any of the posts.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

12/21 in Shanghai

Friday in Shanghai began with a business visit to the Shanghai Foreign Investment Service Center where we learned all about investment opportunities and the economy of Shanghai. Again, look to the earlier post of this day to read more about our experience at the SFISC. The first picture below is from our tour of an exhibit of the SFISC that gave a large overview of the economic structure in Shanghai, and the second photo is where we were given the business presentation of what the SFISC does as an institution in Shanghai.



After our visit to the investment center and a quick lunch, the group then went to the Shanghai Urban Planning Museum. As illustrated below, this museum was home to a large model of a portion of the city in years to come. It was impossible to capture an image of the model in its entirety due to its size, but I think you get the idea.



The two pictures below depict what it was like to be surprised by a visit by the military to the museum. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the group of military personnel seemed to be regular soldiers, but there was certainly a lot of them, and they all entered the area swiftly with an air of importance. The scene definitely caught our group off guard, but it did make for some interesting pictures. I was going to ask for a picture with a few of the soldiers, but I didn't want to push my luck.

No comments: