Welcome!!!

My name is Dane Martin. I am a senior majoring in business management and minoring in international business at Western New England College. This blog gives my perspective on our group's shared experiences on our amazing journey to China. I hope you enjoy these posts as I continue to share my thoughts and feelings after the trip, and continue to post additional photos. Keep in mind that the newest posts appear first, and that you can use the menu to the left for easy navigation of the blog. Be sure to check for updates, and feel free to comment in response to any of the posts.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

As Promised

As you may expect, I'm now writing from the US well rested with the trip behind us, but the memories still vividly intact. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, and for those of you who were able to see your loved ones that went on the trip that the reunion was worth the temporary separation.

Now that I have access to a computer that allows me to post pictures I will recap our last day in Beijing and our days in Shanghai through photos as promised. I'll break up the posts by day because as I've mentioned before I can only post five pictures per post, and it makes sense to go day by day.

Without further explanation, here are some pictures from our last day in Beijing on December 18th. The day began with a business visit to Lenovo where we were given a presentation and tour of the manufacturing floor. The first picture below is from the product showcase room at Lenovo which we were brought to after the tour of the manufacturing floor, and the next picture is shot of the group in the lobby of Lenovo. The gentleman in the first row all the way on the right was our presenter and tour guide for our visit to Lenovo, and he managed to keep us all engaged through a good sense of humor.



After the business visit to Lenovo we then went to the Silk Market in Beijing known for its fake goods where the group was able to test their negotiation skills yet again. It appears that I was so engaged in this process that I didn't take any photos. At the end of the day we then went to the train station in Beijing to embark on a twelve hour journey to Shanghai. The photo below illustrates the size of our cabins that I referenced in a previous post. As you can see, there were four beds per cabin, and not a lot of room, but we made due.



The train ride then brought us to our first day in Shanghai.

No comments: